The Values and Everlasting Purposes of Covenants

Lately, I have been trying to dig a bit deeper into part of my life, that has made my life even more meaningful....Covenants. What a wonderful concept that is for all of us.

Purposes Of Covenants: 
Laws that God wants us to adhere to so we aren't subject to influence of worldly influences. These guidelines are very specific.

  1. Incentives and Rewards-Life is challenging, as we are informed of covenants-the blessing of covenants can give us a boost at times in our lives when we are really struggling. It will help us remain obedient to those commitments. there should be no hesistation when holding God to His word. 
  Personal Experience that shows this: A couple of years ago, I was going through one of the most hardest times of my life. I had just suffered a fourth heartbreak, and lost one of my dearest friends. I started to become depressed, and I was struggling with other issues as well. My testimony was strong but not what I needed it to be. I kept having a thought coming into my mind that I needed to be endowed. At this time I was about to turn 24, and thought that I needed to be 26. I haven't had the opportunity of serving a mission or marriage, so I was a bit confused. Then my wonderful Bishop at the time, called me into his office. He talked with me about considering going to the temple to get my Endowments. I was baffled, because I hadn't told anyone what had been on my mind...except one person...my Heavenly Father knew. In that moment I knew that my Father in Heaven has been watchful of me, even with all my struggles and failings, He has always been there and has been guiding me no matter what I have done...he is by my side...forever. I knew at that moment, while talking with my Bishop, that this was the right call...that this is exactly what I needed to heal. As I went through the process of becoming ready to go through the temple, I was constantly feeling the power of the Holy Spirit, and feeling His guidance in my life. As I went through the Temple, and partook of those powerful covenants, I was able to see a small glimpse of His plan for me, of His love and His guidance in my life. I discovered a power within me that I didn't know was there. I was surrounded in the Temple with people that had supported me in this decision, and had been there with me every step of the way. What a blessing this has been in my life...to attend the temple whenever I feel a urge...whether I am down, or sad, or need a spiritual boost...I can just go to the temple, and serve, and be able to connect with my Heavenly Father in a way I wouldn't be able to otherwise. Where there is no outside worldly influence, where I can just concentrate on the power of my Father's love and compassion. Amen.


  • Gateways and Ordinances-one has to participate in if one wants to return to God and be Exalted to the Celestial Realm. For Example: Baptism- has two dimensions of a covenants. 
  1. Get rid of the stains of wickedness-unblemished and perfect. Christ was baptized to fulfill All   righteousness. 
  2. Is making a commitment of "This is my work and my glory-to bring to pass immortality and eternal life of man".( Moses 1: 39) Its taking on a positive commitment. These gateways are essentials. So we can fulfill our individual destiny. 
  • Patterns and Measurements Of Righteous Behavior-It helps us to know we are on the right track. As we establish these patterns, in a challenging world, this will become part of our Eternal nature. We are proving worthy until we see greater things. 
Keeping Covenants Help Us: 
Know God's Will: Covenants teach us as they provide us with knowledge on how to achieve our unique destiny. Divine Covenants empower as they give us authority to share special gifts with others. Satan will do everything he can to bring us down with him. There is always more knowledge and testimony we can gain-there is much for us to gain. If we tell our self we have enough knowledge, than we would lose that knowledge and testimony. We need to keep doing and enduring to the end, never giving up or stopping our progression and journey to Exaltation. Keeping covenants help us become more Godlike. They sanctify us as they make us Holy and worthy of Eternal life. Keeping Covenants provide a safety net in a dangerous war with the great and abominable church. Robert Millet said this " Victory will not be won through hand to hand combat, sea to air missiles, or nuclear devices. Victory will come because the power of God will descend upon the covenant people of the Lord; these people will be armed with righteousness and the power of God." 

Comments

  1. This is lovely. I felt the same way when I went to the temple for the first time. Like I was unlocking a door to my spirit that had been closed and letting all that power out! Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment